Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I CAN... I WILL... I'LL TRY...


4 days of crying + 3 days of screaming and kicking + 9 days of listening and trying = 2 great swimmers.

This summer Chandler and Cooper took 16 days of swim lessons from Coach Carlson. After day 4 and Chandler waking up in the middle of the night screaming, "No Coach, please no!" we decided to continue lessons and boy are we sure glad we did. Chandler and Cooper can now swim! Chandler knows three strokes: freestyle, backstroke, and the breast stroke and Cooper can swim to the wall and float around the pool without any fear. We are so excited for them and they love to swim. Last week we went to a pool party at a public pool and both Chandler and Cooper jumped off the diving board. We were so proud of them because there was no way they would of done it 2 months ago. Way to go Coach! You helped my boys gain confidence in themselves and made swimming so much more fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Chandler and Cooper we are so proud of them learning how to swim. The pictures of them are great.They look like they're having a great time.

Cody said...

Chan Chan and Cooper the Dooper I am really proud of you guys! I already new you could swim but here's to public acknowledgement! They are also great Hot Tub'rs along with their cousin Carter!

By the way Tropical Storm Erin is dumping rain like crazy here and lighting just hit the building 80 feet in front of the window in my office! My phone was thrown in the air and I fell out of my chair! It was the loudest, brightest and most shakiest thing I have ever been through! Momma Pajama, my heart is still racing!

Bring it on Hurricane Dean!